When Little Jerry Seinfeld (my former cat) and I started working together in 2005, we got off to a good start, but after starring in some of my most popular videos, he demanded more from me. He wanted me to agree to a contract where he would get a can of tuna a day, and a new toy mouse every week. During negotiations he got really heavy into catnip and started to be really belligerent. I told him that I couldn’t agree to his demands so he left. I told everyone it he videoblogging world that he ran away, but it was a little more complicated than that. We lost touch after that (I do know that he started hanging out with a group of strays who had not yet been neutered or spayed).
After Jerry left, I was forced to find a new cat-co-host. I searched all over and found some real talent with Winnie Cooper. As she grew she proved to be a fantastic partner. She helps me edit videos, curates joshleo.com/vlogcats and has starred in a few of her own videos. I am happy with the way things are going and hope there isn’t too much bad blood between Jerry and I. Last I heard he was thinking about going into rehab and getting back into the videoblogging scene, but we will see how things play out. I suppose that there could have been ways to prevent the whole situation, but you learn from your mistakes.
Man this has been passing around like ebola. I don’t know the origins, but I do know that I got double-tagged by both Casey/Rudy
and Chris Brogan
! So I guess I will do my best to come up with something new (one of the downsides of having a personal blog and vlog is that I tell a lot about myself).
1. In elementary school I would often not eat my sandwich at lunch and end up hiding it in my backpack, cabinet in my bedroom, or other strategic locations. When I would clean my room, I would undoubtedly find no less than 4 ancient salami sandwiches.
2. In my younger days, I ate the following on a regular basis while showering: cereal, fritos corn chips, soda.
3. I make it a regular habit to look at people’s name tags and use their first name whenever I am being served, shopping, or visiting any other business that requires employees to wear name tags.4. Before settling on a communications major I considered the following fields of study:
- Environmental Science: I took AP Biology in high school to see if I liked studying upper-level science even though I didn’t qualify to take the class. I didn’t do very well, and thus am not an environmental scientist.
- Elementary education: I wanted to teach middle school history and science, but after taking 2 years of el-ed core classes and a summer at the Boys and Girls club of Alaska, I decided it wasn’t for me.
- Ethnomusicology: I loved studying folk music and the orgins of traditional songs… but there isn’t much of a market for ethnomusicologists, and my school didn’t offer the subject either.
- Recreation: really I just wanted to be a teacher who was a park ranger in the summer, (thus me wanting to do environmental science, and education) But when I found out that job opportunities are minimal, and the program is not really all that serious an area of study, I decided not to do it.
5. My right ear always produces more wax than my left.Extra: my mouth was probably made crooked by the doctor causing nerve damage with forceps or something when I was born.Ok Well I guess I am supposed to tag some other people, so here we go: Markus Sandy
, Mike Hudack
, Jay Dedman
, Joel Leo
, Chris Daniel